Tuesday, August 2, 2011
We all know how important your blog can be in helping you to:
- Gain trust
- Listen to your customers
- Build your brand
- Build your credibility
- Increase traffic
- Increase sales
- Increase rankings in the search engine
That all changes right now!
This week we kick off the 30 Day Blogging Challenge!
What is the 30 Day Blogging Challenge?
The concept is quite simple, we want you to blog:
- At least once a day
- Every single day for 30 days straight
- From your online store's blog
For instance, our store is 1 Choice 4 Quilting. Our blog is http://blog.1choice4quilting.com
view our setting up your blog tutorial
What will I blog about?
Anything you want!
- Do some keyword research and write blogs focused on one keyword at a time
- You are the expert of your products... share your knowledge
- Ask your customers to submit stories
- Ask your customers to submit ideas for new blog posts
- Share personal things about yourself so customers can begin to like, know, and trust you
- Make sure you follow the 80/20 rule. 80% should be creative and education. 20% of your posts should push the sale.
Why are we doing this challenge?
As many of you know, I am taking the Master Certification Course at Market Motive. I absolutely LOVE the classes and one of things we discussed is of course blogging. I learned some interesting facts:
- Blogs get 55% more visitors than your website
- 97% more inbound links than your website
- 434% more indexed pages
- Hubspot says you have 67% more leads when you have a blog because it's a soft sell
What will I win?
Besides growing your blog and your business, we wanted to make this more interesting.
All blogs that complete the challenge will be eligible to win a $100 Gift Card. This gift card can be an Amazon, Best Buy, or Visa gift card. The choice is yours :)
Depending on how many people we get to participate, we may give out additional Gift Cards!
How do I join in the fun?
- Leave a comment below with your name, website, and blog address.
- Follow our blog for updates
- Join our Facebook Page for ideas, inspiration, and questions.
- Can I do 30 blog posts from multiple blogs?
Nope. One blog post with 30 days of posting
- I have two ecommerce blogs. Can I enter twice?
Absolutely! If this gets you motivated to blog every day on two of your blogs... let's do this!
- When does the contest officially start?
Right now :) We will take submissions below up until
Sunday August 7thextended until Monday August 8th. This will give store owners a little extra time to set up their blog if need be. Whether you start today or Monday... make sure you blog once a day every day for 30 days.